No more dangerous mixer cleanings
Health & Safety
Blascon systems are developed to contribute to health & safety for workers.
DrumJet + ReadyJet = Prevention for hazards of confined space of mixerdrum
- Confined space (steel barrel)
- Dissimilar shape (conical-cylindric-conical)
- angeld about 10-15 degrees
- sloping, slippy, steel surface to stand on
- interior, steelblaades about 50 cm high, vertically on drumwall
- manhole in rotation surface of drumwall
- large charging opening at the backside
Manual removal of concrete buildup from mixerdrum exceeds 2001 limits of NIOHS
Eight-hour TWA Respirable Silica Concentrations (mg/m3) for No control scenario.
|Sample Date||Employee ID||Sample Time (m)||Silica Percent||8-Hour TWA Respirable Dust Concentration (mg/m3)||Silica PEL||8-Hour TWA Respirable Dust Concentration (mg/m3)|
|Geometric Mean Concentration||1.52||0.189|
- mg/m3 – milligrams per cubic meter
- PEL – OSHA permissible exposure limit
- Represents time working in concrete drum
- * – estimated tim working in contrete drum
Samples exceeding the OSHA PEL for respirable dust containing 1% quartz or more, are shown in bold type and samples exceeding the NIOSH REL of 0.05 mg/m3 for respirable silica are shown in bold type.
Source: NIOSH, Cincinatti; published may-31-2001
“evaluate workers exposure to respirable crystalline silica during interior cleaning of readymix concrete truck drums”